Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Just one more

Well I couldn't help myself, I delivered another Blue 12x12 for the Aotearoa Quilters Blue 12x12 exhibition.  (see here for my other entry)

I started it the day of my Guild's January meeting so I could take along some hand stitching.  The January meeting is just an informal night where you can stitch, knit, whatever and chat.  The usual monthly meetings are more formal and involve a speaker, show and tell, etc.

So I quickly felted up a blue piece.  Starting with acrylic felt I needlefelted (with my trusty Janome needlefelting machine) a selection of blue wool, silk rovings, with vague white crosses and some bits of black.  During the Guild meeting I added some handstitching and then took the piece on holiday with the intention to stitch more - yeah right.  It spent the whole time in its wee bag.

Back at home and completely uninspired with it - it sat in its wee bag. Until last Wednesday (two days before the deadline), when again I needed some handstitching to take to my Wednesday evening stitching group (the first for the year).  Quickly added a bit of machine quilting to firm it up abit, some bobbin work, then sewed on the facing strips that could be handstitched that night.

So 4pm Friday afternoon I delivered this ...

The quilts will be exhibited at the Craft Fairs in Christchurch and Palmerston North and the quilts will all be for sale at $125.  Not sure what I'll do with this if it doesn't sell and is returned.

No comments: